The Mad River Valley is an innovative, vibrant, connected and caring community honoring its past, celebrating its landscape and actively pursuing its potential.
Our vision is to...
- Be a welcoming community that builds a healthy and sustainable environment.
- Support the historic settlement pattern of vibrant villages surrounded by rural countryside.
- Identify and promote the Valley’s historic and cultural heritage.
- Promote and maintain a diverse economy that supports existing businesses and attracts new ones.
- Enhance the Valley’s year-round recreational opportunities.
- Invest in a safe, environmentally friendly, efficient, and integrated transportation network.
- Provide access to safe, affordable and energy efficient housing for current and prospective residents.
- Steward and sustainably use the Valley’s natural resources and environmental quality for the benefit of future generations.
Mad River Valley Planning District
Towns of Fayston, Waitsfield and Warren
4061 Main Street | Waitsfield, VT 05673
PO Box 471 | Waitsfield, VT 05673
Phone: (802) 496-7173
Annual data reports, housing resources, transportation resources, recreation, energy, flood resilience, placemaking, rural resources, natural communities and municipal support.